Administrative Assistant – Part-time
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
Position Overview: This position is primarily responsible for administrative duties to support grantmaking and overall operations. The position will begin on January 2, 2023.
The Foundation: The McCune Foundation’s mission is to be an agent of productive change in society by supporting the growth of social capital in communities. We fund projects that address critical issues in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties by empowering and mobilizing excluded populations. We seek partners that are “doing with others” rather than “doing for others” – grassroots, bottom-up organizations in which “clients” are the initiators and involved in decision making. Equity and inclusion are core values in the organization and its community work.
The Administrative Assistant:
– photocopies letters of inquiry, grant applications, and materials for the Board meetings. Collates and prepares materials for distribution to the Board and Committees.
– sends messages to grantees including reminders for progress reports, training announcements, requests for photos for annual reports, etc.
– prepares correspondence including grant award letters.
– manages data entry, produces reports from database, digitizes documents, and filing.
– takes meeting minutes.
– supports staff with scheduling.
– conducts online research as needed.
– manages event planning (facility scheduling and catering) for receptions, board meetings, trainings, etc.
– responsible for ordering office supplies, errands to the Post Office, booking hotel reservations for Board members, and additional administrative duties and projects as assigned.
A passion for social justice and understanding and dedication to the Foundation’s mission of building social capital.
Must be a self-starter and self-directed, able to work both as part of a team and independently, and exercise good judgment and time management. Should be coachable and eager to learn and grow skills.
Excellent writing, communications, and organizational skills.
Demonstrated experience working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Has a strong personal interest and commitment to working in an inclusive environment that places a high value on equity.
Fluency in Spanish language.
Proficient in Word and Excel.
Compensation: $25/hr. for 20 hours a week.
Benefits – Health insurance and retirement plan with employer match.
Time off: 10 Vacation, 6 Personal Days, 11 holidays, and 4 sick days
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume (Microsoft Word or PDF) to Claudia Armann at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Nov. 1.